May 19, 2020
As leadership, we met yesterday evening to review our current Sunday service format and to decide on what our services could potentially look like moving forward. After much discussion, we have decided to make a change to our current format. This change comes from our desire to see everyone have the opportunity to worship in our sanctuary at some point on Sunday without being locked into a particular segment of the congregation, much like we’ve done the past two weeks. With that in mind, we would like to announce that beginning this Sunday, May 24th, we will be offering 2 live services at 8:30am & 10:30am. While there are many options, we felt this was the best long-term approach to satisfy our vision and to responsibly adhere to the social-distancing recommendations as more and more people continue to resume their in-person worship with us.
In light of this change in format, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- We ask that you continue to adhere to the recommendations given to us by the State of Indiana for Places of Worship. To review these recommendations, please visit: https://backontrack.in.gov/files/BackOnTrack-IN_PlacesOfWorship.pdf
- To plan for each service and to ensure we do not exceed our capacity, we ask that you reserve your spot by Noon on Saturday. This can be completed one of two ways: 1. Online Form: 8:30am service - Click here 10:30am Click here
- 2. Calling or texting Josh at (812)787-1500 or Eric at (574) 849-6105
- Please continue to only use the Main Entrance when entering and exiting the building. All other areas besides the main foyer, sanctuary, & main bathrooms will be closed.
- The foyer, sanctuary, and bathrooms will be sanitized in between services. With this in mind, the doors for the 10:30 service will remain closed until 10:15.
- Ushers will continue to greet you in the foyer and seat you in an area appropriate to the size of your family. The ushers will also dismiss you immediately at the conclusion of each service. We continue to invite socializing to occur outside the building.
- Bulletins, Face masks, and the Offering Box will continue to be made available at the entrance to the foyer.
- There will be no nursery service or Sunday school.
Much like you, we long for the day we can gather as we once did. And with this change, we feel we are one step closer to that end. As such, we will continue to make tweaks and adjustments weekly as needed and as directives are given.
Finally, we just want to say what a blessing it has been to have our pews filled again these last two Sundays with fellowship and songs of praise to our Savior! We are looking forward to seeing this multiply this Sunday and in the weeks to come!
- Providence Leadership Team